- News & Events
- Our Listed Companies
- Financial Reports
- Carson Cumberbatch PLC
- Bukit Darah PLC
- Indo-Malay PLC
- Good Hope PLC
- Selinsing PLC
- Ceylon Beverage Holdings PLC [Formerly known as Ceylon Brewery PLC]
- Lion Brewery (Ceylon) PLC
- Ceylon Guardian Investment Trust PLC
- Ceylon Investment PLC
- Pegasus Hotels of Ceylon PLC
- Shalimar (Malay) PLC
- Equity One PLC
- Equity Two PLC
- Guardian Capital Partners PLC [Formerly known as Watapota Investments PLC]
News & Events
Carsons nominated as one of the Global Growth Company by the World Economic ForumThe World Economic Forum's Community of Global Growth Companies (GGC) was formed in 2007 to engage dynamic high-growth companies with the potential to be tomorrow's industry leaders and to become a driving force of economic and social change.
As of August 2011, 315 companies from over 60 countries had been admitted to the GGC Community, in which, Carson Cumberbatch PLC, had the privilege of being the only Sri Lankan enterprise to be nominated in.
The Company possessed the following criteria, among the other selected companies, both financial and non-financial, which enabled the admission to the aforesaid community.
- Consistent annual growth rates exceeding industry and regional averages by 15%
- Minimum turnover between US$ 100 million and US$ 5 billion, depending on the industry
- Demonstrated growth potential
- Capacity and intend to build a global business
- Exemplary executive leadership
Carsons would potentially benefit from this development, being part of a global community of business leaders, as means of being able to pursue
- New business opportunities across industries and regions
- Networking with the world's leading business and policy experts
- Peer-to-peer collaboration and experience exchange
- Industry-specific and cross-industry knowledge sharing
Click here for more information
Ceylon Investment PLC selected as one of Asia's best under a Billion
Forbes Asia Magazine rated Ceylon Investment PLC as one of the 'Best Under A Billion in Asia-Pacific', out of 200 companies in the region. The Company is privileged to be one of the four Sri Lankan companies to be included in this selection.
The earnings growth, sales growth and return on equity in the past 12 months and over 3 years were assessed through the selection process. The manner in which such companies were managed through the economic volatility that began in 2008 and through the global credit crunch with little to no debt on their balance sheets were amongst other criteria that these companies were assessed against.